Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ohio State Reformatory=Shawshank Redemption location

Do you remember the awesome movie "Shawshank Redemption"??
Well, I got to visit the prison where the movie took place.. The Ohio State Reformatory. It reminded me a lot of Alcatraz.. it was built around the same time give or take 50yrs but because of the tier system back then, the structures inside were very similar.

Can I just say that this was the creepiest place I've ever been in??!!! It's known to have a lot of ghost sightings and you could feel how creepy it was just walking around in the hallway. We got to walk around everywhere, even the cells. They have ghost hunts there, also Halloween events, and surprisingly, weddings too.. I mean, who DOESN'T want prison bars in the background of their wedding pictures??

Ugh, I was definitely scared and didn't want to go into any rooms by myself. Here are some pictures that I unwillingly took in case some ghosts appeared in it or something.. nothing showed up :)! Although... I do have one picture where I see a shadow from really far away but I'm going to just pretend that it was actually a person walking there...
The parole board scene and actual setting of it
 
 
They actually filmed the scene where it was his room INSIDE the prison

No comments:

Post a Comment