Monday, October 1, 2012

Wedding bonanzas!!

I went back to Cali this weekend, man was it beautiful and relaxing!!! I got to go to the beach TWICE! I didn't get a chance to go at all this summer so I thought I'd make up for it this past weekend. Got a nice tan, got to play some beach volleyball, got a little burnt but that's ok, and got to see some old friends :)
Ended up not doing any work at all because it was just too nice to ruin it with some school work..
These seagulls were just waiting for me to leave so they could get my food.. uh uh misters, go away!!

Anyway, most important part of all was the reason why I went back to Cali this weekend. I wish it was just because I missed the beach so much. I'm not that rich, kids. It was because my roommate from UCI was getting married!!! ANNNDDD it just so happens that my friend from high school was ALSO getting married the day right before my roomie's! I couldn't have asked for more perfect timing :)

Let's start chronologically :)

On Friday, I went to my high school friend, Katelin's, reception. Her dad used to be my high school math teacher and her mom also worked at my high school. I always loved that family so it was really nice seeing all of them. She looked so grown up even though she is a year younger than me (though it IS only one year, but I still consider her a baby). Her and her new hubby just looked perfect for each other. It was my first time meeting him and he was super sweet and funny. His parents were just as kind. Because I only went to the reception, I don't have much else to say, but doesn't mean that her reception was any less wonderful!

Now, on Saturday.. this was a really big deal for me because she was my college roommate and great friend. AND it was technically my first friend's legit wedding since I couldn't make it to my other friend's wedding this summer (Sorry, Katelin hehe)! Anyway, KJ, as I like to call her, was THE most beautiful bride ever.. she looked so grown up! Now imagine, a really short, tiny, Filipino, fair skinned girl that looks like she's 13... ok, now picture her in a wedding dress and looking SO freaking sexy, curvy, and beautiful! THAT was my roomie!!

As soon as the church doors open, I started crying. I don't even know why.. everything just became so real. Wow, she's..GETTING..MARRRIIEEEDD!! Holy guacamole! My little KJ, all grown up! The ceremony was beautiful. Both her and her hubby are Christians and the whole wedding reflected their love for God, it was such an honor to be a part of that.

At the reception, I never had so much fun! I've only been to distant families' weddings where you don't really know the groom or even the bride... there are a lot of people and you barely get to talk to the bride and groom except for the picture when they come to your table. But this wedding, this was special. I got to talk to my friend and update her on my life, I didn't even care about going up on the stage to take pictures with her and check out her pink heels underneath her wedding dress. I got to joke around with her all the way from my table, even by just giving her some funny looks. I got to dance with her and take hundreds of pictures with her. I got to catch up with both of her parents. Everything was just amazing.

I had only met her husband, wow that's so weird to say... her HUSBAND only once... via Skype. He was great then and I was able to joke around with him and talk to him. But at the wedding is when I really saw what a great man he is for my friend. I feel like I've known him forever, not just him individually, but also him with KJ, as a couple. They are so adorable and their love for God just makes them that much more wonderful in my eyes. I wish them nothing but the best and I can't wait to see how much they grow as a married couple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment