Tuesday, August 17, 2010

4 days without a shower

That's right, I did NOT shower for 4 days, but don't worry, you're not friends with a stinky girl. I went camping in Mammoth this week!! It was going to be with 3 of my friends, but ended up just being my great friend, Meg, and me.
I've never been camping before and if I was to choose anyone to be my camping buddy, it'd definitely be Meg. I think I probably gained about 50lbs of muscle from hiking. Who knew walking up and down mountains could be so hard? I sure didn't.. now I know better. However, the beautiful mountain views were definitely worth the aching legs and backs.
We also went paddle boating because they ran out of kayaks. Meg and I agreed it is one of the worst inventions ever because of how slow they are. Throughout our entire adventure, I must say my favorite part was convincing Meg to swim in the lake with me after one of our hikes. It was a little cold... all right, a LOT cold, but sooo gorgeous.. I couldn't help but swim! Unfortunately, pictures were prohibited by Meg for this amazing moment so you'll just have to enjoy these ones BEFORE the actual swim :)
We also had trouble with our fire, but before Meg could feel like a failure at camping, we got some pinecones and put them in the firewood. Pinecones + fire = success!!
Another item on my "101 things to do" List is:
#64. Wake up early enough to watch the sunrise...

1 comment: