My life is packed away in plastic containers and cardboard boxes and vacuumed in space bags. It's really hitting me now, I'm leaving to Ohio in 4 days... four, yes, F-O-U-R, cuatro, quatre... 4 days. Wow...
Everyone has asked me, "How do you feel?" and I automatically respond, "I'm so excited!!" But the little part of me that usually stays quiet so I don't freak out is slowly speaking louder and saying, "What the hell are you doing?" Am I ready for grad school? Will I make it? CAN I make it? If I don't, what am I supposed to do? Will I make friends? Will people like me? What makes me think I can do this? What if I fail?
I'm scared...
I won't have my amazing friends with me. I don't know anyone in this city. It's like starting at zero all over again. I know, I know... this will be a great experience and an amazing journey for me, but I'm so nervous. The next time I post, I'll be at my studio in Cincinnati. Wish me luck!
Hi Lydie,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog by the LOVELY comment you left on mine. Thanks! :) I appreciate that! I think your blog is wonderful! I LOVE the header/background image you have here. And you photos of camping are spectacular. We, my husband and I, need to get our lazy behinds off the couch and go camping before it's too cold.
One last thing, we also left everything and went to grad school (well, my husband went to grad school, I painted) in southern Utah last year. We were scared and it was a CRAZY feeling but it was the best experience we've ever had. It was AMAZING. I'd not trade that experience for anything.
Good luck! And, sorry for the long comment. :)