Sunday, November 21, 2010

RIP Uncle

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You don't know how lucky I feel to have such good people in my life. All of your love has gotten me through this past weekend and will keep me strong for the days to come.

I landed in Cali on Thursday night and because my mom wakes up at 4am for work, she thought we'd go visit my uncle Friday after she got off work at 3pm, instead of her having to drive to West Covina after I landed, which is an hour away. Unfortunately, on Friday morning, my uncle passed away before I got a chance to see him.

I felt such guilt for not having gone to see him on Thursday night and I thought, "He didn't even know I was here.." However, my mom comforted me in telling me that she had told my uncle I was coming to see him, so he knew. On Friday morning actually, I accidentally broke a small mirror in my bathroom by barely touching it. My parents tell me it was a sign from my uncle, acknowledging he knew I was there but he couldn't stay on this earth much longer. I take comfort in knowing he is now with God and that he is no longer in pain. I will miss him so much. Be grateful for the people in your life, you never know when they'll be gone.

1 comment:

  1. i am really sorry to hear about your uncle lydie but i know you will get through this because you are one of the toughest cookies i know!

    take care babe!

    ReplyDelete