Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas in Asia

I'm only a few more days away from leaving the country and heading to Cambodia and Laos. It's going to be such a wonderful experience to get to know my heritage at its roots... I leave on the 16th at the disgusting hour of 7am. Even worse, I called the airline to reserve some seats and unfortunately, there were only middle seats available for the 13hr flight. Great... somebody's DEFINITELY going to be my cuddle buddy on that plane. Hope they're nice and soft.

My parents and sister have already headed there and I can't help but worry. My parents' flight was already delayed 10 hours from LAX to Korea and once they land there, I have no way to know if they made it safely or not. Hopefully, they can find someone with a smart phone and just send me an email. But knowing my parents, that probably won't happen. My sister went to the airport yesterday as well and have no idea where she's at. Just keep them in your prayers for me so they get there safely.

Talking about prayers.. keep me in yours as well. Although I've traveled multiple times alone, it's always been either within the U.S. or to France. I always knew what to expect and I spoke the language so no harm there. I was always willing to travel alone to Italy or Spain, I figured my Spanish would at least help me a little bit in either scenarios. This. This is different.. I know, it's going to be fun, exciting, and interesting but I can't help but be nervous. What if I get there and my parents can't find me? Or what if my plane lands earlier or later than scheduled? Trust me, my parents are not going to go online and check that stuff..

Once the plane ride is over, I know I'll be able to enjoy my family vacation... it's just the anticipation and anxiety of actually getting there. Of course, I'm bringing Necalli, so expect lots and lots of pictures when I get back! Well, IF I get back... if I don't come back on January 4th, just know I've either been sold as a slave or lost my way through the airport somewhere...

Okay, enough with the panic and worries, I hope all of you guys have a GREAT and AMAZING Christmas and holiday!!! Enjoy your time with loved ones, take the time to tell them how much you love them :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment