Sunday, October 10, 2010

How old do I look?!!... Don't say 12

I started my 22nd birthday week with my favorite color..
Turquoise.. duh!
Then the morning of my birthday (Thursday), I woke up at 7am on my own. I just felt so energetic and happy! Thank you God for giving me another year to live! Then, I spent a good 30 minutes laying in bed listening to some pretty amazing voicemails from my friends and read some of my birthday texts. I definitely started my morning feeling loved :)! I had to go to work so I made me a little lunch while singing along to some music.
My friend, Lia, gave me this delicious cupcake.
And my parents didn't even bother to call.. they texted me (but it's only because they thought I was in class). Thanks mom and dad. If anything, I'd expect the people who created me to at least give me a call. Come on, mom, you could handle child birth but not dialing a phone (don't worry I still love her)?!! This is why parents should never learn how to text, because I couldn't even read what they were trying to say anyway. I remember teaching my parents how to use the speed dial button on their cell because they didn't know how to look for my name in their contacts list. Oh, the good old days.

Then, I went to dinner with my new friends :).. Yes, they're real! I didn't make them up! Unfortunately, they don't have Alejandro's here, so I had to switch from carne asada fries to this delicious hot dog..
Afterward, we went to the bars, located in some shady streets, but I befriended the bartender, and let's just say... It was a great night. (And the next night was even better, thanks to all my little dance machines!!)

2 comments:

  1. My cousin flew in to visit from Taiwan and she thought I was 29, I'm 25 :S

    ReplyDelete