Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hiking equals bonding

I've always said if you want to see a true person's character or find out if the person you're with is the person you really want to spend the rest of your life with.. go hiking/camping/any sort of nature adventure with him/her.

Why?
1) It tests your patience with each other.
2) You get to really see if you can handle the other person's whining.
3) Heat can create cranky people.. but how cranky is the question..
4) You get to encourage each other through difficult hikes.
5) You get to know each other better because you have nothing to do but talk to each other.

That's what I was able to experience with my 2 friends, Kelso and Angie.
We hiked for so long through really rough trails and I don't think I've ever bonded so quickly with anyone than with these 2. I was kind of scared because I thought Kelso would get irritated by Angie and I stopping all the time to take pictures or that they'd both get irritated at me for being so tired haha. But they were both so patient. None of us got mad or irritated at each other (although Angie was quite tired and annoyed at the endless trails haha), Kelso was a total gentleman and gave us a hand through slippages and trips, and we all just had so much fun!!! I'm so sad no one else from my Master's program could go but Angie, Kelso, and I are definitely planning on going again!

The views were gorgeous and Todd could never capture how scary the cliffs were and how beautiful it all was.
See more of my pictures on my Flickr account!!
Click here to see a video of our hike :)
We got to sit right on top of those rocks!
I love these 2 so much :).. amazing friends
So after 30 minutes of Kelso getting lost to pick Angie and I up, a 2 hour drive to Red River Gorge, another 30 minute drive getting lost and trying to find the place, a 5 hour hike, 11 miles, a 2 hour drive back, a pizza run, I am finally back home.. nice and clean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment