Today, I babysat for the 2 cutest little kids ever, they were 2 and 4 years old.
Man, babysitting kids who can talk and walk around is MUCH harder than babysitting kids who can't. For sure. These kids were so talkative and wanted me to play with them the whole entire time. The 2 year old little girl kept telling me she wanted to get on my back or make her fly. Damn my newly strong arms.. the kid knew I could handle it (jk).
But being around them was so refreshing. They're so creative and imaginative. I forgot how amazing the minds of little kids are since I only babysat babies for a while. The 4 year old boy was playing around with his trucks, making little routes, creating a recycling bin!!! (I totally didn't even bring up the word around him at all, I swear!), and etc... I realized how true some of those movies about babysitters can be though. You know.. those movies that show the kids telling the babysitters they can do this and that and the babysitters believe them. Yep, that was totally me today.
Draw on the sidewalk with chalk? Umm.. yeah, sure go ahead kids (don't worry, I texted their mom later and she said it was ok.. whew). Picnic in the living room? Yeah.. why not?! Don't worry, didn't give in to things that were too bad. They're really good kids so that was nice.
However, I did have to play and pick up lots and lots of earthworms.
Ugh, I don't know why I used to like them and be so fascinated by them when I was little. Still fascinated but definitely feel icky picking them up at my current age. The little boy has this bucket full of earthworms and he kept telling me to pick the ones he dug up and put them in the bucket for him. The little girl was super stoked about seeing them and wanted to touch them too. Definitely grossed out though.... hopefully, they don't ask me to do that next time I babysit again.

No comments:
Post a Comment