For years I have wanted to go skydiving. I don't know if I'm an adrenaline junkie but I do know that I am always up for fun adventures :)
I have this crazy obsession with flying. I always dream that I can fly. When I'm on top of really high buildings, I always imagine myself jumping off and flying. Don't worry, not suicidal, I just want to be like Peter Pan and fly. Is that so wrong? Anyway, I've been telling The Bf that I really wanted to go so we decided to do it when I came back for my little summer vacation this June. He took care of everything and made our reservations for the one in Santa Barbara :)!!!
Then the time came. I was scared that it would be cancelled because the weather wasn't looking so good. It was gray and a little windy. The company even called us on Friday to reschedule our Saturday 9am appointment to 12pm. We called them the day of before heading out to make sure that we could still jump and they thankfully said "yes! of course!" That wasn't good news to The Bf though haha.
I wasn't nervous at all. The whole month, week, and even hours leading up to the jump. We waited 2 hours to jump at the place (because it was so busy) so I thought my nerves would get the best of me but they didn't, I just kept getting more excited. The Bf and I made some new friends and met some really cool people. One guy was there by himself because his friends had ditched him; he was doing the highest jump (18,000 feet) where he needed an oxygen mask. Another girl was there because she was jumping for her brother who had passed away. We all bonded because we were going to be on the same plane.
My instructor's name was Randy and he was really chill. He was really nice and joked around but I wish he had been a little more talkative. It's ok, I still had a great experience regardless. Anyway, we were all on the plane and Randy asked me if I was nervous, I told him a little but it wasn't hitting me yet. The other instructors started laughing and said it would hit me once the plane doors opened up. Ok.. getting nervous now.
And they were right. As soon as the plane doors open and the sound was ringing in my ears and I could feel the power of the wind, I started freaking out. The Bf was the first to jump, I couldn't believe it. Then another girl went, then out of nowhere (well, to me) my instructor was already scooting up but now he was telling it was my turn. He tells me to get up but I feel pretty reluctant. Then he tells me to sit down at the edge of the plane but all I can see is how far the ground is from below and I'm thinking "Holy crap! What the FFFFF am I doing??!!"
And then we jump out of the plane. OMGGGG!!!!! I thought I would get this sinking feeling at the bottom of my stomach like in the roller coasters but I didn't get it. I just kept falling and turning around. The pressure in my ears hurt so bad, all I could think was "Please don't let me lose my hearing over this." I thought my ears would just start bleeding, the pressure hurt so bad! It was also really difficult to breathe so I had to force myself to open my mouth and breathe through it. The view... oh how beautiful. It was indescribable. Am I really falling from the air right now?? Then the parachute went off and I was flying. I was literally flying. He did a couple of tricks for me and since I'm so light, we were the slowest ones going down, so we flew for awhile. It was SOOO gorgeous! I can't describe it. I keep playing it over and over in my head.
I can't wait to do it again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment