Saturday, June 2, 2012

THE test

So this is it.. "the big one"....

What am I talking about? Oh, you know the thing I've been working this entire year towards... the Stats proficiency!!! Bahhhh!! It's so hard being motivated to study for it. I'm doing pretty good so far but I'm definitely not on my game.

You think I'd be more motivated to study for this test because it's do-or-die, but there's so much material to study and I feel like I know this stuff (obviously not TOO confident about it). I feel like I'm reading the same thing over and over and my head is just killing me. I'm taking breaks here and there just to keep me sane and I'm still exercising to keep me de-stressed, but none of those things have helped me in terms of motivation. I mean this is THE test. If I fail it, I can re-take it in the summer, but if I fail that one too, I told myself I'm done. I would get a third chance but that means I would have to go through the ENTIRE Stats series all over again. To be honest, I know I can't handle that mentally and physically.

The thing is, after my little near-death showdown, I just have a different perspective on this proficiency. So what if I don't pass it? F*** it, I'm alive. That's gotta count for something, right?  

Ok, good so I just need to pass this. That's it, right? Easy peasy fo sheezy. Wish me luck!!!


P.S. I've been obsessively listening to bluegrass tunes lately and my friend, Sam, told me about this band that I'm in love with now called Trampled by Turtles. One of the guys on the band is Chris Thile and he does solo stuff too..he's so amazing!!!! Click here for one of his songs that I have played 1000 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment