I know, I usually don't procrastinate.. but I easily get distracted, and this is one of those moments. I figure not many people read this, so whatever, plus.. this is my blog, so I'm allowed to ramble.. right?
First off, I'm listening to Pandora, and you've gotta check this guy out. His name is Jesse Ruben and he has this really great voice, he's like a Joshua Radin... can't stop listening to it.
[Ramble starts]
It snowed like 4-5 inches of snow yesterday, absolutely gorgeous. The whole town was covered in a white blanket of snow. As I was walking home, ruining people's perfectly snowed front yards by stepping all over it (yes, they'll have footprints in front of their house.. can't get charged for trespassing.. can I?) and this girl is running from her car to her door. I laugh and she turns to smile at me. She tells me, "Ugh! This is the worst day ever, isn't it?" And I could not have disagreed with her more. How can you take such a perfectly miraculous wonder and spin it in a negative way? It feels so magical when it snows! Maybe it's the fact that I'm a big kid at heart and am easily entertained, but come onnn.. it's SNOW!! What happened to the excitement we felt as kids when it'd snow?
Yesterday, I happened to find this video blogger on Youtube, named Swoozie. He's pretty funny in the delivery of his stories. Anyway, he was talking about almost losing his virginity as a teenager but thought he got a sign from God not to, so ever since, he's been saving himself for marriage. It's so rare to see guys do that nowadays and I really respect him for doing so. As many of my close friends know, I'm doing the same. Surprise!! I've had people tell me they think it's amazing I'm doing that while others who struggle with it ask me how I've managed to do so. It's funny how sex has become such an overrated thing in a person's life. I'm not saying it's not important. All I'm saying is that it shouldn't be something that you constantly think about. How I answer people when they ask me how I've "stayed so strong," is that I never made my decision based on religion (although it has now become a small part of it). I decided it for myself. It's my body. I get to do what I want with it. Or in my case, not do with it. As I've heard from many people, sex complicates things. Plus, isn't it a great test to see if a guy is truly into you minus the sex? I've had friends tell me, "Well, it's too late for me. I've already lost it, so might as well keep having sex.." But, just because you did something once, doesn't mean you HAVE TO continue doing it. I know, "You don't understand, Lyds, it's hard!" Ok.. I get it, it's hard. But, isn't keeping faith in your values worth overcoming those hardships and challenges? Just my opinion..
I've been on this constant in-and-out phase with God. I don't label myself as any one religion because I believe it's a good thing to be open to different religions. I'll take little pieces here and there from all religions and base my own faith on that. I was raised Buddhist but I guess you could say I've been really into the "Christianity phase." The only reason is because it's easier for me to grasp and understand. I went to a couple of Catholic churches but it's just too formal and traditional for me, so it's hard to step into it as a beginner without feeling like an outsider. It's like learning how to first play basketball with the whole Lakers team in your class, y'know? Anyway, I'm open to everything, I love learning about other religions.. I constantly ask questions to my Jewish, Mormon, and Muslim friends about their faith. As a result, it has made me realize that most religions are the same (in a general sort of way).. I mean, we all want peace and happiness in our lives and in the lives of the people we love.
This makes me think about my future.. but I'll leave that for another post.
Ok, I really should get back to doing my paper. I'm almost done with it. I'll probably have more ramblings in the future. I feel like I should have a signing-off line or something.. hmm.. I'll try and think of one.

No comments:
Post a Comment