Monday, January 24, 2011

You can call me Lyds... Dr. Lyds

I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth.. or I guess I should say, I can't believe my hands are typing these words.. but.....

I, (yes.. me, Lyds, the one and only).. got accepted, (yes, which means getting into).. the PhD program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Could I have any more exclamation points??!)

It's funny how something so doubtful in your mind can turn into something so concrete and make you realize how exciting and life-changing your journey is about to become. I never thought I could get in. Honestly. People say all the time I'm smart, but I'm not.. I'm studious and hard-working.. those are different things. But I got in (somehow.. thank the LORD ALMIGHTY!!) and I couldn't be any more excited. It's going to be lots of hard work, I'll be in Ohio for another 5-7 years, I know I'll probably want to quit all the time, but I have you guys as my support system so that's all I need :)

I guess my parents will get a doctor out of me after all...

3 comments:

  1. So, so, so happy for you! I'll be happy to call you a doctor!

    -Yuriana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Thrilled that everything worked out for you!

    -Evonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lothasaurus Congrats!!!!!!!!


    Love Cary (but I'm sure you already knew that based on your nickname)

    PS. POTATO

    ReplyDelete