Well, I don't mean literally Finals Week.
I'm having finals next week so it's not like I'm missing out on anything. I miss Finals Week at UCI specifically. Around this time last year, I was getting really homesick too. Not just because it's so close to winter break and I'll be home soon, but because finals week makes me miss UCI.
These are the things I miss:
Going to Langson early so I could get a spot at a table for the rest of the day. Leaving my stuff there to eat lunch and coming back not having to worry about people taking my stuff (ok.. well, maybe I just got lucky). Seeing people walking around in PJ's looking half asleep. Seeing the line at Starbuck's winding all the way outside. Meeting up with friends at the library to "study together" but you just end up making fun of those loud people talking around you. Being one of those people who talked really loudly with friends at the library for laughing loudly. Getting a 3am late night study snack and seeing half of your housemates downstairs in the kitchen. Having to fight for a seat in class because all these people are just now showing up to your class to take the final. Figuring out what food is the fastest to make/order but would keep you full all day at the library. Seeing people bring blankets to sleep at the Student Center. Getting out of the library at 11pm while people are coming in to start studying.
It's not the same here. I have to bundle up with 3 sweaters cause it's so cold. My body already feels heavy so I don't want to carry all my books and shit in my bag pack. Plus, the weather makes me NOT want to stay at the library late cause I have to walk all the way back in the cold. The libraries don't even have couches inside (Absurd! How do they expect students to sleep inside the library?!!!). I don't like the undergrads here.. they don't look studious enough. Yeah, yeah UCI was filled with Asians but come on.. I hated Asians, remember guys??! There were non-Asian studious-lookin' folks at UCI! They don't have them here.
Oh, how I miss everyone at UCI and everything about UCI. Anyway, good luck on finals everyone!
Lydie,
ReplyDeleteI'd be happy to let you have some of my insulation so you wouldn't need 3 sweaters :) Sometimes I wish I am so thin that I need a couple of sweaters :)
Mike