So it's Week 5 of my training schedule and I haven't fallen off the wagon or gotten discouraged yet. YAY!!!
I've worked my way up to... wait for it...
*drumroll*
.. 3 miles!!! Yes, THREE whole miles.. without stopping! Ok, stop snickering, it's quite an accomplishment for me! I've actually been surprised by the amount of support I've gotten while training for the Flying Pig. My friend, Kelso, who's running the full marathon, cheers me on when I tell him I've increased my running distance by .5 miles haha. He's been super awesome!
I've been running 4 times a week and doing some weight lifting after and cardio once a week. I have 2 days of rest and boy, do those feel nice. In the beginning, it was hard NOT to want to skip a day of running, but now that I've gotten into the routine, I really enjoy it :). It's a whole new challenge I've taken on and I'm really determined not to give up on this. Plus, I already paid the $80 something to run in it, that's motivation enough for me haha.
Anyway, although 3 miles may not seem like a lot to you, it is to me. So I thought I'd share it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment