Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 7: Half marathon training

I just ran 5 miles. Holy crap!

I can't believe it! I know it may not seem like a lot to you, just like the 3 miles probably didn't either, but I'm pretty freaking proud of myself! FIVE whole miles.. without stopping! Ok, so I was dying the last half mile but I just kept telling myself, "I can do this.. I can do this" and it worked!

For those few of you who are like "No way, I could never do that!" Let me tell you, if I can do this, I know you can too! I promise! I spent the first week running 1-1.5 miles just getting my legs prepared for what was about to be some grueling running months. As I've told you guys before, I've never ran more than 2 miles in my life (and it definitely was not on a consistent basis). But I slowly worked my way up to 2 then 3 miles and look at me now! You can totally do this!

You just have to talk your way through it. At your most tired moment when you think you're dying, play "Niggas in Paris" and then yell at yourself for even thinking of giving up and keep running!! It works. Trust.

One motivating point was when I had to run 4 miles. I was on the track and these 2 guys were running behind me. I'm SO competitive that I didn't want them to beat me so I just kept pace with them for 2 whole miles. And they were definitely not at the slow pace. So you could always do that... compete against others around you and then trip them if they try to run around you. Hahah, just kidding.. a little.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on my training adventures!

P.S. Totally passed my Stats midterm this quarter! YAY!!! Now, let's pray I pass the Stats final, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment