Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cinci Museum and awkward art

Thanks Brittnie for being my new photographer buddy!!
She's a ghost!!!
So glad I found a friend who's just as much into photography as I am. Now I won't feel so bad about stopping every 5 steps to capture photos with Todd. We went to the Cincinnati Art Museum and it was a maze.. no, not amazing, but literally.. a maze!! I'm surprised we got out of there alive. At least I had a snack bar to survive, I don't know about Brittnie though...
The museum was all Christmas-ed out.. so cute :)

You see those tiny little markings? Yeah, that's the entire chapter of the Buddhist Lotus sutra. Japanese people don't mess around yo.
I thought this was too pretty not to post :)
I can't draw someone on a piece of paper, let alone a vase!
awkward vase
I love miniature things, makes me feel like a giant! This was the cutest mini kitchen ever!
Look at all the detailed carvings.. crazy
I completely became obsessed with this piece of art below.. I wish I could have stayed for hours just taking pictures of this thing from different angles. But I didn't want to be blamed for Brittnie dying of starvation.  
I could totally use this as a picture pretending I'm a rock climber.
Hahahaha! I just had to take a picture because of how random this was in the entire museum.
All right guys, next time your girl wants something from Tiffany's.. get her this! I'm not lying, this was manufactured by Tiffany & Co.
 
If you want to see more of the art work, just check out my Flickr!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. looks like cinci had some cool stuff! that glass chandelier is by dale chihuly..he does some really amazing glass work.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/flavor32/2883780819/ <--this is persian ceiling..i actually just saw it @ the naples museum of art & walking down this hallway was like walking through a kaleidoscope! he's also featured all over the world..his most famous chandelier is prob @ the victoria & albert museum in london (if you want to check it out). also, that random painting you threw in there, is by kehinde wiley & he's actually pretty famous. he goes around ny & asks random people on the street to pose for paintings. sorry..this comment is a result of too much coffee, nothing to do, & my art history degree. great pictures!

    ReplyDelete