Saturday, June 11, 2011

One year ago...

One year ago to this exact day, I was getting ready for graduation. I was practicing walking across the stage in heels so I wouldn't trip. I was straightening my hair, making sure it would look okay under my cap. I was hiding a t-shirt under my dress so I could put it on in line and surprise my parents while I flashed everyone on the stage with it.
I was making sure my decorated cap wouldn't fall apart.
I was packing up my stuff at my beautiful beach house. I was eating Alejandro's carne asada fries with my parents and my sister before heading to Commencement. Then before I knew it, everything was over and I don't even remember half of the ceremony. 

And now... I am finishing up my Master's degree (although I still have to take the comprehensive exam in August). I've made so many amazing friends and now am parting with them as they go on with their lives. I've moved to a whole 'nother state.. heck, I'm living in freaking OHIO!

This is so crazy. I can't believe this... time goes by so fast. I guess this is what happens when you grow up. You cross paths with amazing folks, they touch your lives, and you hope you've changed them just as much as they've changed you, and then you go on with your journey...

Congrats to all my babies who are graduating from UCI!! Mama's so proud of every single one of you :)

And to all my friends in my Master's cohort, thank you for making this year fun-filled, adventurous, fun, exciting, boring, caffeine-filled, and simply wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment